Ramblings...

20 agosto 2005

Back in OK...

I’m back in OK! Barbara Mandrel was on my flight from Nashville to Dallas/Ft. Worth (which was my 1st time in Texas. Maybe next time I will actually get to enjoy it.)

I was very surprised to find out that several of the ladies and children from when I left are still here. One of the families moved out today. I was so thankful that I got a chance to see *Sharon and her children. I am also very thankful that they know have their own apartment. Also, *Tina is still here. She was my intake (meaning, I took her call and did her paper work to allow her to come stay at the shelter). It is amazing to see how she has grown and changed for the better over the past few months! *Tara is also still here with her 2 children. Her baby was born my 1st month here. The baby is so big. It was wonderful to see that her baby is now healthy and steadily gaining weight! I got to old the precious baby today!

*Indicates names changed for security/liability issues

Speaking of babies, my Sunday school teachers just had a little baby. He came out to the softball game with mom and dad. Too cute!

Please pray for the guests and staff here at the shelter. There are some very tough issues that are being dealt with (i.e. health, divorce, family stuff, loss of job, etc.)