Ramblings...

27 septiembre 2006

So, here are some thoughts from my head...

I love teaching, however, I don't know if it's what I want to do forever. I really miss working in the social ministries. I miss the halls of the women's/children's shelter (probably the hardest job I've ever had but the most rewarding at the same time)and I miss helping adult women get their GEDS. I can't help but see the need for a shelter just like DSV here in Mexico and the necessity of a program like Christian Women's Job Corps. However, culturally acceptable, it probably isn't. I really miss that stuff. I didn't think I would, but I do. I know that God has placed me right where I need to be for this stage of my life. I love Mexico! I love Mexicans! I love living in Mexico. I know that my job is to support the full time servants here in Mx by securing that their children have a good education...a very important thing. I just long to work more hands on with those in physical need.

1 Comments:

  • Understandable. It is amazing the different things we struggle with and yet while we all struggle we seem to sometimes forget about other people's struggles or the fact that they probably have some. Honestly, I do not think it possible to be living for Christ and not experience struggles. One of the things I learned in one of my psychology classes that struck me the most had to do with how we treat children when something bothers them. What we take as being merely meaningless, means a lot to them and what we forget is that we're not dealing with ourselves but serious. The morale was do not put it off, talk to them about it. It helps build confidence, understanding, and lets them know that you care. So, what am I saying and how did I get off on this tangent? Nothing more than I'm praying for you. God has us here for reasons we probably know and reasons I am sure we do not know as of yet, but as long as we are in His will, He will provide just exactly what we need.

    Viva Mexico. Viva Cristo.

    By Blogger mic, at 11:16 a.m., septiembre 30, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home