Ramblings...

28 febrero 2008

It's been way too long...

So, I moved back to the states in December. It was much harder to leave Mexico than I could have ever expected. I had really made many great friends (and mission family too) and I miss them all like crazy. Transitioning back to the US is weird. I catch myself doing very Mexican things regularly. It's weird feeling like a strange in my homeland, but God is constantly reminding me that I'm still not home yet. (Philippians 3:20). I have yet to find any real Mexican food :( . One of my newest hobbies has become eating at Mexican restaurants (the food is OK but not the real deal) because I really enjoy the atmosphere and I can put my Spanish skills into use. I have been amazed at how much the employees at various restaurants have shared with me.

I was blessed to spend the Christmas season with all my Tennessee family. Good times! It was nice to be with them as well as having some time off!

In January, I began my new job...missions mobilizations. I get to basically encourage college students to pursue after His heart for the nations, in what ever form that might be!!! I went to training at ILC and then a few days later moved to Bartlett, TN (just outside of Memphis) to work with Faith Baptist Church and the University of Memphis BCM. It's an interesting job in that there is no real description, it's very learn as you go... I also live with a nice older couple and their grandson. I am so blessed that they would open their home to me for this year.

I just recently went to Cochran, Alberta, Canada to work a collegiate retreat. Good times. I also got to spend some time at the seminary there and am seriously considering going to school there. One of the greatest things was that the Boyters were there (minus their kiddos, though) as the missionaries in residence. It was so wonderful to see them again! I really had a blast.

After that, I went to "debriefing". It was a nice time to be with others who understand what this whole transition thing is about. It was a breath of fresh air. I am so thankful for this time of support and encouragement. It's nice to feel like you're not alone! (although, we're never alone because God is with us, it's nice to know other people who really can understand!)

Now, things are in full swing. I am excited about the beginnings of several new and exciting things...Bible studies, coffee chats with some great gals, quality conversations at Starbucks, etc. I can't wait to see how God calls out His servants this year!

As for the future, I have several ideas but nothing is for sure. It is definitely something that I am praying about.

Doy la golria a Dios!

1 Comments:

  • It was exciting reading your blog and my wife and I are serving in Mexico City for a year and some of the things you mentioned (esp about mexican food) made me chuckle!

    It's great that you are praying through things at the minute and i'll keep checking you blgo to see how God is leading you.

    God Bless,

    Jonny Pollock

    By Blogger Jonny, Julie, Ben Pollock, at 6:54 a.m., abril 11, 2008  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home