Ramblings...

20 mayo 2008

Seasons come and Season go...

Since graduating college I have called many places “home”…Nashville, Memphis, Charleston, Tulsa, Mexico City. Every time I get used to my environment, for whatever reasons, it’s time to go again. My mom and step dad have redone the house. I don’t even have my own bed anymore. My dad lives in FL and moved there while I was in Mexico. Things aren’t what there were when I left. Of course, neither am I.

So, what is home? I know that the Word tells us that we believers are not citizens of this earth. “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ” Philippians 3:20. I am also reminded that Paul had no real earthly “home” nor did Jesus. I think that with longing to feel at home comes a longing to feel accepted, valued, etc.

In Mexico, at first I was very aware that I was different. Eventually, all of those things that I thought were so weird became normal. Then I came back to the states and the same thing happened. Now I find myself very comfortable with most aspects of USA life and yet not comfortable at all. I don’t feel as if anyone quite “gets” me. BUT regardless of how I feel or how emotional I am, or how many times I talk about Mexico, what really matters is being found at HOME in HIM. As I looked back on my journeys in this blog, I couldn’t help but notice an overriding them. He was there. He was the consistency in my life with yet another season had come and gone. He will continue to be there as I finish out this season and He will be there as the next one starts. I long to be “home”…