Ramblings...

22 enero 2005

Stuff

Ok, so I want to start off by saying that I have met the most random mix of people here in Tulsa. Let's see- there's a girl who just got back from Scotland, a weather lady for a local station, a guy who runs a funeral home and loves it, and a guy who catches shop-lifters for Wal-Mart...and the cool thing is that they are all Christians! How fun is that! I am so thankful that we have fairly quickly found a place to plug in where there are people at similar places in their lives. What a HUGE blessing!

Life at the shelter is great. These women and children break my heart. I can't imagine what it must be like in their shoes. Working here makes me think just about how much God's love really does transend any barrier or any sin and how much bigger He is than our present circumstances...


So I tried to post something last night but I somehow erased it so hopefully this one will make it up...

Check out this scripture:

"Then the Lord said,'Because this people draw near with their words and honor Me with their lip service, but they remove their hearts far from Me, and their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote...' "Isaiah 29:13

Gosh, how true is that scripture even in our times. It totally makes me think about the Greek Orthdox church and what I saw and felt while in Greece. They were the epitomy of this verse. I think it can be seen too in many churches, no matter what denomination. It can also be see in the lives of individuals. It also makes me think of the whole "You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk". How easy it is for us to get caught up with saying the right things and doing the right things, that we totally forget what it's all about. (*finger points to self*). I don't know about you but I want more of Him than just what's been passed down as tradition. I want my heart to be complety abandoned to Him. Reckless abandonmnet to my Savior! How much of what we cling to and think is important is all vanity...completly worthless(see Ecc. 1&2). It's crazy to think we are so very like the people this word word was given too. I praise God because He is consistent and never changing!(Hebrews 13:8)His grace is sufficient!(2nd Cor. 12:9)He is what I need to get me through each and every and I hope and pray that you feel the same way!

Here are some scriptures that come to mind:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer" Psalm 19:14

"Search me, oh God, and know my heart, try me and know my thoughts, see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me to the way everlasting" Psalm 139:23-24

In the next chapter of Is. we find this scripture:

"Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you,and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you, for the LORD is a God of justice;How blessed are all those who long for Him" Isaiah 30:18

How cool! He longs to be gracious to us and waits on high to show us compassion(just to think, He hurts for us...for those of you who worked M-Fuge...I could go into the whole definition of Compassion and bust out Day 2 Bible study and the Greek terms, but I will spare you this time) I mean amazing! Jaw drowing good! Gosh, there are so many people that I know who I wished would long for Him. May my friends and family long for Him. May the women and children of this shelter long for Him. May this world long for Him. He's waiting!!!

I could keep going on but I think I'll spare you this time :)

~CaSeY~