Ramblings...

16 septiembre 2005

A flower quickly fading

It’s amazing how we take so much for granted (finger pointed at me). I have really been thinking about life and just how precious it is, especially with all that has happened in the past few days and weeks (Hurricane Katrina, 4th Anniversary of the World Trade Center Attacks, and a car wreck). Nowhere does it say that we are guaranteed tomorrow. I often live as if tomorrow is certain and don’t take time to really embrace those things and people that are so amazing and right in front of me. I also act as if my circumstances are guaranteed and as we have all seen, that too can be gone in the blink of an eye. I guess we never really know how much people actually care until something happens. I should have flipped over in that car, but by God’s grace I am only sore (and the same goes for Kate). My world has been shaken, but I know that God has an ultimate plan and a lesson. I am thankful for life, friendship, love, family, etc. I guess sometimes it takes a scare to open our eyes, namely mine.

“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” James 4:14

“You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Selah” Psalm 39:5