Ramblings...

17 mayo 2006

Oops!

Let’s just say that the past few weeks I have had quite a few blunders…

At least once a week my roommate, Kristy, and I go eat tacos. Well, this past week the taco guy was telling us (in Spanish mind you) that we never go out and do fun things. He was going to ask us to do dancing. Kristy told him that she didn’t like to dance and then the conversation moved on. Well, needless to say for some reason I was stuck on the dancing thing. The guy asked me something (which I assumed was about dancing) to which I said “Mi gusta, pero estoy mala” (I like it but I’m bad at it). He didn’t ask me if I like dancing…he asked me if I like to drink beer. I told him I like to drink but I can’t handle it! Kristy’s expression was priceless once she realized that I didn’t understand. It made for a good laugh. Oops.

Then, Friday I managed to get myself lost as I was going to visit a friend. Ann Boyter and a cell phone to the rescue! In the end I was only about 40 minutes late. Good thing I live in Mexico. The hard part was trying to explain to my friend Nelly in Spanish why I was so late. Oops!

The other day at la Bodega, while checking out, the lady asked me if I found everything ok. I of course wasn’t sure what exactly she was asking. So, I did as I normally do, I thought for a second and then decided to either answer with si or no. I decided no would be good…She looked at me puzzled and then was like “oh you didn’t find everything”. I quickly apologized once I realized what she had asked. Oops!

3 Comments:

  • funny stuff, it would not be as fun otherwise.

    By Blogger mic, at 3:18 p.m., mayo 18, 2006  

  • Sounds like fun. If you're gonna speak a "foreign" tongue anytime, anywhere, you will make mistakes! One time, a lady said to me "Algún día me gustaría ser traductora." (Some day I would like to be a translator [female].) I replied, "Yo también quisiera ser traductora, er, uh, traductor!" (I, too, would like to be a female translator, er, uh, I mean a male translator." She said, "I was wondering."

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 4:53 a.m., mayo 23, 2006  

  • I'm really good at making female thing male...the other day I said el mujer. oops.

    By Blogger Casey, at 11:39 a.m., mayo 23, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home