Ramblings...

26 abril 2006

A real update!

So, the past few weeks have been quite a whirl-wind. Let’s see…we had spring break (very much needed) and around here it was Semana Santa or Holy Week, which lead up to Easter. I took a few days to just rest which was absolutely wonderful. I went to Zenpoala, which is a valley about 1 hour US driving time (aka 1 ½ to 3 hours Mexican time). Of course it was the end of the week so people where all over the place. There where quite a few hikers and bikers all making a pilgrimage to some place where Jesus supposedly manifested himself to some guy. They were carrying various icons and statues… and last weekend I went back with my church. Such a beautiful place. You can hike and ride horses.

The following two days, I baby sat 4 girls (of 7 – the oldest 2 in college and the 3rd oldest was with the parents—the only boy). We died Easter eggs, baked cookies, and made granola. At one point I thought that I had exploded the gas oven but thankfully it was just fine. At my house church, on Resurrection Sunday, we had 2 baptisms!!! Very exciting! On Tuesday of last week, we had an all city get together in Chapultepc(hope I spelled that correctly) park. It was nice to spend time around fellow Americans and talk English.

I also went to a cantata (choir signing) at the Capital City Baptist Church. This church is mostly English speaking (for the business community). Anyways, I was so overwhelmed with the fact that I could actually understand them. I guess in some ways I have become accustomed to being surrounded by people and only understanding a fraction of what’s being said, which is a good thing. However, I have noticed that I have formed some bad habits. For instance, if some one is asking me something, I typically respond with “si” and hope that I didn’t agree to something bad. I also catch myself responding in Spanish to Mexicans when they speak English to me.

Any ways…things are well and the Lord continues to bless me!

“porque El vive!!”

1 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home