Ramblings...

24 marzo 2006

SpRiNg FeVer

So, the first part of this post is for all you Fuge workers (or former Fuge workers). It some how got spread around the school that I have worked camp for the past 3 summers. (I guess that it doesn't help that my supervisor's oldest sun ran sound for us this past summer). Anyways, for our entire school, I get to plan a "Mega Realy" type event. I don't get to work camp this summer, but it looks like I will get to re-live Mega...

Some interesting things:
  • It was a holdiay, so I only had school Wed-Fri. Next week we have CAT tests! I only have to teach for 2 days! We also have school pictures. The following week is crazy week and then spring break!!!! April will fly by just like March.
  • I spent the weekend sick, however, the wonderful Boyter family took me in because my roomate was out of town. It was quite fun. I got to watch some of the movie Rambo in Portoguese. Quite interesting.
  • The bus driver made fun of my spanish yesterday, oh well.
  • My spanish tutor is wonderful! She is such an encouragment. I can't wait to meet her baby!
  • It's amazing how different people are. Those that know me are so encourgaing and supportive. I say one sentence in Spanish and they get very excited! I have had contact with some who have no sympathy. They seem to wonder why I'm here and look down any attpet to speak Spanish. Whever I'm back in the USA, I will have a new found sympathy for immigrants.
  • God continues to amaze me and teach me so many new things. It's going on 3 months here in Mexcio. I praise Him because I can't imagine being anywhere else. There are so many things that I could fuss and cry about, but they seem to amaze me or teach me something. It's so wonderful to be right where He has called me to be!
  • I have spring fever!! The weather here in WONDERFUL! There is a park right in front of the school. I could easily just go out there and sit all day.
  • I need to spend more time with Mexicans...
  • I'll eventually post more pictures. I keep forgetting to bring my camera to school, which is where I mostly have internet.

3 Comments:

  • dunno if i can have spring fever. it was around 97 the first of the week. of course yesterday and today it has cooled off a good bite.

    good luck on the mega relay. i miss camp and taking youth the couple of times i got to take them.

    By Blogger mic, at 6:38 p.m., marzo 24, 2006  

  • hola amiga! me alegro que estes bien! it is unbelievable that you have already been in mexico for three months...wow. and the fact that you are flourishing, that is even better. i love you friend...let's get caught up some time. i want to hear your stories.

    -eva

    By Anonymous Anónimo, at 5:26 a.m., marzo 26, 2006  

  • Stumbled on your blog by accident...hope to meet you one of these days! I used to teach at IME...directed it one year...now I'm married and live in Ojo de Agua, Estado de Mexico...northeast of where you live! All your team members know me, so tell them all I said hello! :)
    We'll be praying for you!
    Greta Hernandez

    By Blogger greta lynn hernandez, at 12:14 p.m., marzo 31, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home