Ramblings...

01 julio 2006

Summer Fun!

Well, the past few weeks have been crazy. My brain is a jumple of spanglish these days. This coming week is the end of my spanish class at CU...which means a final exam. I would now say that my spanish has moved from nonexistent to functional. Yesterday I managed to take a bus from CU (50 centavos) to the metro (2 pesos), and then take a combi (a van type thing that's used like a small bus, 4 pesos) to the northwest part of the city. The trip took 2 hours(and I was still in the same city) and I even mangaed to ask directions (in spanish) and I uderstood what they said when they answered me!! yay!! I have also started meeting once a week with a kid to help him practice english. His mother is quickly becoming a good friend. Please pray for opportunities for me to share with them. I have also started meeting with another lady once a week to help her with english. The wonderful thing about her is that she lives in my neighborhood! It's nice not having to run around the city to meet up with someone. After next week my life will be spent at the school attepmting to get lesson plans ready for the upcoming school year as well as putting up bulletin boards and getting my classroom into shape. This will be my first offical classroom. Please pray that I have wisdom is dealing with the students.

oh, on a random note. In spanish class, we had to give a speech to the class about hour home country, state, or city. Well, needless to say, all the Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Palestenian, and Bulgurian people got to experience a song we call Rocky Top. It was an experience they won't easily forget!

2 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home