Ramblings...

17 octubre 2009

Times they are a changing...

Wow...it's been way too long! Life has defiantly turned out not exactly how I expected it. After finishing my J3 term, I moved to Monteagle, TN to live with my aging grandmother. Not exactly my idea of fun, but I really felt like she didn't need to be living alone (although, I'm sure she'd argue differently). I was super nervous. I have visited here on and off since I was a little girl. I never liked it (it's still not my ideal place to live but it has grown on me...I still prefer the city!). I was worried that I wouldn't find anyone who understood me and the whole love of the Latin culture thing, that there would be no "normal" (i.e. not country, backwoods folk) people, that there would be no decent people my age to be friends with, that I wouldn't find a good church home, and that I would be stuck here. However, I can praise God that most of those fear have been taken away! He has provided me with some wonderful friends, who just so happen to work with a mission organization that sends people to Latin America. Who knew?!?! A mission organization on the mountain! These friends I met through my church. I have so much to be thankful for!!! I still struggle with the whole "being single" thing especially since I live here and while I am so thankful for my friends, the majority of them are married with young kids. I know God will provide in His timing, as He always does!

When I moved up here, it was in the middle of the school year and little to no open jobs. At first, I subbed some, but I had severance pay and insurance until March. The Lord provided a job just in time! Not my ideal teaching job, but a job. 10th grade English. Then the school year ended and I was jobless again. I searched around for teaching jobs but nobody could really tell me anything. I went on a mission trip to Ohio (that's another story within itself) and came back. I met with a principal, but didn't think it seemed hopeful. I went to Nicaragua. Still very worried. The very last night, we had some prayer time and the leader asked us to lay down some things that were hindering us at the moment. I let go of my worries. I got back to the states and had a phone call from that principal. I had a job teaching kindergarten! The Lord has given me a job. I constantly forget that the Lord's timing isn't mine. I want thing worked out right in front of me in and instant. He says wait. I can't help but go back tot he old hymn, "Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey".

1 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home