Ramblings...

18 febrero 2005

So, the fast few week I have really learned a ton of things about a ton of things. So, I reckon I'll share!

1. Ministry can be hard and easy within one sitting. Some of the people here are so easy to love and get along with. Others often test you and make you want to scream. Such is true in any situation. Regardless of the situation, God calls us to love no matter what. He is patient with us, we must be patient with them. He offers us grace and mercy, again we must offer them the same. Jesus constantly went out to those who were hard to love and He loved them. John 13(that's the washing of the feet chapter)tells us to follow His example.

2. Sometimes going back to the "old way" is the easiest thing to do, but not always the best. I thank God that He is a God of the present! He doesn't focus on our past. 1st John 1:9 "If we confess our sins He is faitful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness"! However, sometimes that is so hard to remember. I have seen several people here "throw in the towel" and go back to their abusers or go back to drinking and drugs. How heart breaking. They were not allowing God to help them through. They could not move past a the problem and the solution seemed to go back to the known. We humans are creatures of habit. Folks, we can't carry it all on our own. Just b/c it's easy doesn't mean it's better. We will struggle, but we serve a God who uses our struggles to draw us unto Himself, that is if we allow Him to carry us through those struggles. "Do not call to mind the former things,
Or ponder things of the past.Behold, I will do something new,Now it will spring forth;Will you not be aware of it?I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,Rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19!

3. Ok, so any of you who know me and know me well, you know that I am blessed with the gift of Gab and that I can ramble on about anything ( I think I get this from my mom, lol). I have really learned a lot about listening and stuff. I am often times to quick to speak and judge. There is much to be learned by listening, whether it's to others or to God.

4. Just how stinkin' important fellowship with other believers truly is and how important it is to be surrounded by Godly people who lift you up in prayer. I'm so thankful that we quickly found a church to get plugged into.( www.thegatheringtulsa.com ) It's a blessing to share your journey with others who are on the same path. I have also learned the importance of true friendship. I dearly miss those friends but I know that they are doing what God has called them to do and I can't ask for any more than that from them! It's amazing how He provides ways for you to keep in touch with people who are in other parts of the world!