Ramblings...

08 febrero 2005

S.A.D

OK- so with the wonderful SAD (for those of you who don't know, that stands for "Single Awareness Day" aka Valentines Day)looming, here are some things I know:

~No exciting romantic sort of anything (hey, that's the way it's been for 23 years, so I guess I wouldn't know what to do if it were otherwise). Yep, that's right no flowers or little chocolates for me.(ok, mourn for a sec and now back)

~I'll probably stay in, if I don't have to work or mabye I'll just hang with the guests. They need to know that they are cared for, I bet this day will be very hard for them, esp those who are dv.(OK- quick soap box- why do abusers think that it's ok, for one day,to not to hit their wives? They give them flowers and make them feel special for one day- let me tell you Valentines day does not condone beating your wife for 364 days a year)

~My mom will call me like 10 times that day (as she does everyday) and I won't call her back (as I usually don't). Mom, if you read this- don't worry, I know you want to hear EVERY detail. I'll call you when I have time. Please don't nag.

~I'll go to the gym b/c that seems like a place that would be void of Romantic dates, ehh maybe.(I did join it today and it's a 24/7 one- my abs hurt)

~So, enough fussing. I am very blessed. My parents call me a million times naggging me to call them back, I know they love me. My sister apparently talks about me all the time, or so I've been told. I have a precious Granny and a goober brother. My woderful friends/sisters (you know those "forever friends", the ones you've had since elementary school, you know who you are)are amazing! My other friends are pretty cool too (gosh, there are way to many to list- M-fuge peeps, summer missions peeps, CWJC gals, APSU peeps, the list goes on- I hope and pray you're doing well). My new friends here in Tulsa are becoming very dear to me (Lindsay and Kate, you guys rock my face off!)

~drum roll, please- and of course, the #1 thing- God's love. Where would I be with out that! It's better than any earthly romance could ever be. Agape! As I sit here and ponder all the reason that I could be miserable on Valentines Day, none of them see worthy to hold a tourch to the love the Lord has show. Hello, John 3:16- now that's love. So, this V-Day, I resolve to count my blessing rather than meander in sadness (which I'm not sad about being single, I am rather content, it's just that somehow on V-Day you kinda get overwhelmed, well knocked in the head, with couple-ness, that's all). So, cling to His love on this day. Know that you are blessed and loved by the one who will "never leave your or forsake you". You are loved by the creator of the universe. AMAZING! Nothing can separate us from His love. I could keep rambling, but I'll stop.

;)After all, it's a pagan holiday.

1 Comments:

  • SO, I'm being lazy and adding this in as a comment, oh well. I forgot to include my wonderful family memebers in the warm state of Florida and else where (of which they quickly reminded me)They are: Uncle Mike and Aunt Jo as well as Aunt Shirley and the rest of the Merlin clan! I'm sorry, I know you love me. :)

    By Blogger Casey, at 5:09 p.m., febrero 09, 2005  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home