Ramblings...

23 octubre 2005

Well, so much has happened in the past few weeks. I flew home on the 13th then the next day a friend from college (who’s now married) picked me up and we went back to the Peay. From there, we went with a blended group, current students and alumni, to the gulf-coast of Mississippi. Let me just tell you, what I saw was heartbreaking. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, and that was after tons of cleaning up had already been done. It literally looked like a giant had stepped on top of the homes and then kicked all the parts. Oh, and the mold. Yuck. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much mold in one place. One of the houses that we worked on was even on 10-foot stilts and was still completely gone. Currently, I have family in FL hunkering down to take on Wilma...
In other news, I am spending some time at home. I think I’ve pretty much slept my days away. I am very thankful for days like that. They are soon to be very few (and much needed). I really do miss things at the shelter, but at the same time I am very excited at the things to come! I’ll be 24 on Friday. Crazy. I still feel like I’m 18, for the most part. There is just about a week left until I head to training. That should be a neat time of preparation. Mom and I are on the “South Beach” diet. Not bad. I just miss chocolate (aka my worst enemy). Haha. I also love being close to a Starbucks again. Thank goodness for Vanilla Latte Sugar Free, Fat Free! Thank goodness there is Starbucks in Mexico City! That’s ‘bout it for now!