Ramblings...

04 marzo 2014

Long time coming...

5 years! I can't believe it's been that long since I've written. Again, so much can happen. God is still good! When I first started this blog 9 years ago, I knew that God had called me to the nations and missions. Little did I know how He would continue to carry out that purpose in my life.

I struggled through my year teaching kindergarten....During that time I was thankful to continue to get to know the folks who worked with a local missions agency and even worked with them in between teaching jobs. It provided a great time of learning to really trust the Lord.

After completing a master's degree in ESL and hoping to move out of the states, again, the Lord gave me a job working at an international language school with college students and adults in another town in TN. I had a great year in Cookeville. I was blessed to teach people from all over the world. I settled in to a great church family.  Then, at the beginning of last year, I was offered a job teaching ESL at a primary school (something I said I'd never do after having a rough kindergarten teaching experience- of course it was that experience that propelled me to get my masters...funny how He works). It's neat to see how other life experiences all are being used in this position. (i.e. I have lots of students from Mexico, etc). Keep in mind this is the shortened version of the story!

Now, here I sit, in Knoxville, of all places. I think of the sweet faces of my students (past and present) from all over the world, of various ages and background  and I'm reminded of my call to missions. I may not have visited all of their home countries, but my prayer is that in someway, my life will speak Christ to them.

In my 30's, I fully expected to me married with my family on the mission field. Technically, I am neither of these. BUT His grace is sufficient. My job is my mission field. I have wonderful community. God's plans sometimes aren't what we expected, but they are better than what we could ever plan!