Ramblings...

09 marzo 2005

Broken Hearted

"You can only go so far till the bottom falls out"

The past few days this song verse seems to be echoing in my mind. What would bring a parent to get drunk/high and to not show up so that the child has to be taken away at night by cops to a DHS shelter, scared and alone? My heart is so broken for this child. It just goes to show that when we are not being accountable for our actions and willingly allowing our sin to be in control- we will be exposed, in some way. It's easy to hide for a while but it will be exposed. This precious child couldn't pick her mom. We all thought her mom was doing so well and we even thought she was a very delightful person, but obvioulsy getting that fix was more importnat than her child. My prayers are with this family.

Having said all that it makes me so thankful for several reasons. I am first so thankful for a God who will never leave us or forsake us, a love that edifies and sees past imperfections. Yet again, that reminder of Agape love...love that is pure and perfect. I am also thankfully for my family, even as crazy and strange as I sometimes think they are at times. I am blessed b/c I never had to be taken away. I had everything I needed.

It also reminds me just how important it is to truly confess our sins before God. "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness" 1st John 1:9. Anything we attempt to hide from Him will be exposed in some way or form. He is God and He already knows, but He wants us to admit to what we've done, whether we think it's big or small.

This situation again reminds me of how very "me centered" we can be. How easy it is for our focus to become about making ourselves feel good for the moment and not caring about the consequences or those that it might harm. As Christians, we are called to put others first. Some one once challenged me to go with out saying any personal pronouns for a day, at let's just say that it was one of the hardest things to do.