Ramblings...

30 marzo 2005

Stuff

So, let me just say for the record that husbands who abuse or cheat on their wives (and then kick them out with the kids and the wife is pregnant too)are stinky, very stinky.

Anyways, thankfully things here have settled down for the time being...hopefully I haven't spoken too soon. I am growing to love these people more and more everyday it will be so hard to leave them here in a month and a half.
In the midst of all the crazy things that happpen here- and I do me crazy in the literal since of the word and all of the frustrating things that happen here, there are always precious moments that far out weigh the stresses and burdens of working in a shelter. Nothing makes me want to just cry out of sheer joy than these children. They are here not because of something that they have done. The other day I was getting ready to scold a child for running away from his mother and towards me, but before I could get the ever popular phrase "Where's your mother?" out of my mouth, he was at my knees squeezing them with all his might and he looked at me and said "I love you "...melts my heart. Then another precious child, as I was in the process of going to my room, looked up at me and asked me to give her a kiss before I left. Then there's the little girl who calls me Cakey, that totally makes me smile! Gosh, I do love kids but I don't want any of my own until I'm at least 30 (sorry mom, not yet- I will have you know that my coworkers are on a mission to get me the hook up in Tulsa so I'll come back...) haha.

Watching these children reminds me of what it means to have a child like faith. These kids (man my Educ teachers at APSU would get me for using that term) love when they are shown love, no questions asked. Sometimes you have to correct them but yet they still love you afterwards.

I think as adults we very much view things in regards to situations and forget what it's like to just have faith and not question. To fully trust God with everything, to put our rational minds aside and asume the views of children...

"They say that I can move the mountains and send them crashing to the sea, they say that I could walk on water if I would follow and believe, with faith like a child" Jars of Clay

To be finshed later- we've spotted a beaver outside and I must go teach the ladies the beaver song! Beaver on beaver all let's all do the beaver call! Good stuff!