Ramblings...

09 febrero 2006

Xochimilco and Guadalajara

A few weekends ago, I had a chance to go to Xochimilco for Joel's (a fellow Tennesseean) birthday. Xochmilco reminds me kind of a gondola area, except for the fact that the boats are larger and more colorful! There are boats that contain things to buy such as souvenirs, food, and flowers.

This is a boating salesman! How fun is that! Check out those candy apples! yum!













This past weekend I had a chance to go to Guadalajara for a women's retreat. We left south east Mexico City at 10:30 am and didn't make it out of the city until about 1 pm. So, needless to say it was a long drive. I think we were in Guadalajara by about 7 pm. As a whole, the retreat was wonderul. It provided me with some time to get to know my teamates. (although, most of the van ride was talking about their husbands and stuff...). It was also very good to see a familiar face, Kay Smith. Kay was my "coach" at training in VA. She was the featured "speaker" and God really used her to challenge me on somethings. Good times!

In Mexico City, Valentines Day is referred to as "FELIZ DIA DE AMISTAD!", which translates into "Happy Day of Friendship". I think that I like this term much better. So, to all my friends and family, I wish you "feliz dia de amistad"! Know that I love you and miss you tons!

2 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home