Ramblings...

15 marzo 2006

Random...

So, I thought I'd share some interesting things that have happened in the past few weeks.

  1. I took a taxi by myself. I was so nervous which meas the little spanish I know ended up being horrible, but thankfully I was still in my neighborhood. Needless to say, I made it home safely!
  2. I also took a bus outside of my neighborhood! I was worried I would miss my stop but thankfully I was able to sit. If you have to stand (and you're tall), you can't see out the windows.
  3. I hit a high school student in the face with a football (american kind). Actually, it hit a tree and bounce back and hit him. Thankfully, no harm done. and he glasses weren't broken!
  4. I have started my tutoring! I didn't think that it would ever get started! It's going very well!
  5. I spent the night at the home of a student. It weirded me out a little bit. This would never happen in the states. The reason I spent the night was so that I could attend their Bible study (all in Spanish). Around here it's just easier to stay the night and ride to school with them in the morning. Plus my appartment is close to school. No use in spending hours driving around town.
  6. I went to a costume party and it wasn't halloween. It was fun and made me feel like I was at camp!
  7. I am beginning to understand more Spanish! Although, it's still coming very slow.
  8. Grades are due tomorrow....
  9. My 5th grade students tried to get me to say bad words in Spanish. Of course, I had a feeling they were up to something so I disreguarded what they had to say.
  10. I got my haircut, however, not by a Mexican, but an American.

So there you have it! Things are going well. I do need to start spending more time with Mexicans but I think things will come easier there as my Spanish improves.

Have an amazing day! God is good!

2 Comments:

  • well, jack was happy that i posted the pic of his repair. don't worry, i get nervous every time i travel by myself, always afraid of getting off in the wrong place or something of the such. i have officially had two haircuts here by a mexican lady though. she is jus a couple blocks (cuadras) from home. its good though, she does a good job plus helps me in my spanish. we were just talking about things not to say. not the bad words but certain ways of talking that are considered rude.

    By Blogger mic, at 11:58 a.m., marzo 15, 2006  

  • I have never seen white chocolate covered oreos. i will have to look for them. of course i guess you may have got them at wal-mart.

    how's the spanish going?

    By Blogger mic, at 10:30 a.m., marzo 22, 2006  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home