Ramblings...

01 marzo 2006

Stuff...

Man, so much has happened over the past few weeks. I finally started my Spanish classes! Yay for that! My teacher's name is Keren and she is wonderful! I am beginning to understand more and more, although it's still very slow. I was even able to tell a short story in Spanish. I promise you it was nothing fancy, but it made people laugh so my mission was accomplished.

I still have to decide what church to plug into. Please pray for me in this area. I have some ideas but I'm not really sure, just yet. I have visited 3 of the churches from my mission and still don't really have any idea. They are all pretty far from(well, they may not be that far, but throw in Mexico City traffic and any outings is forever long) my house. However, I sometimes feel like a burden becasuse they have to come and pick me up. I'm still not quite comfortable taking a taxi alone.

Deanna, one of my roomates, who was student teaching has gone back to the states. She was offered a teaching position but still doesn't know what she will do. We still need more teachers. I think the IMB has put in a request for another one! I have asked a good friend to consider it. Please pray for this decision.

It's going on 2 months! Crazy. How time has flown! There is so much new to discover. It think that my biggest struggle continues to be the language difference. I tend to be a talker and I can't say much. I have in essesnce been silenced. But, God keeps reminding me in Ecc. 3:7 "There is a time... to be silent and a time to speak". These are my days to be silent and listen in order to use that to learn. My time to speak will come. But for now I must be patient and listen to as much Spanish as I can handle with out my brain exploding. I tell you, a day of all Spanish will wear you out. (and then throw in the high altitude- I think it's about 8,500 feet above see level- and 28 million people)

(I will edit later. I have to go teach 2nd grade math and then middle school history!)

~Miss New Teacher Lady (my name given by the high school students)

2 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home